I participated in a free online webinar with Vickie Sokol Evans, a certified MS trainer, and she was giving free information out about Microsoft themes. I’d never really paid any attention to this feature in Office, and wasn’t going to join the webinar at first, but I’m glad I did.
I learned just how handy setting up and using themes for Microsoft Office was, and Now I format all of my documents using my personalized theme.
“Themes?” I originally thought. “Why does this even matter? Who cares about using themes in a Word document?”
When I witnessed how easy it was to format documents from others in a collaborative effort, I was sold. Wowed, even.
My takeaways from the webinar:
- Both fonts and colours are customizable
- Create your theme in PowerPoint and save it, before using it in Excel and Word
- This is great for branding your business documents
- You can take PowerPoint slides from several people, combine them into one presentation, and make it uniform with themes
- If you don’t feel like creating a theme, Office support offers plenty of nice themes to download for free
- Themes do NOT carry over to Google docs unless you’re just uploading a doc and downloading it without opening it in Google Drive
So, loving all things admin, I decided to give it a go for myself.
I started in PowerPoint, and set up my first theme, choosing my colours and fonts to match my business brand. While working through it, I couldn’t believe how easy it was (and fun, let’s be honest). I finished setting it up and saved it.
Then I wanted to test it out, to see if it really carries over to other Office applications. I opened MS Word, clicked a couple of times and voila! I branded my business documents in no time!
A girl could get used to this!
To go one step further, I also came across a link that shared in a Facebook group for an Office learning tool called Ribbon Hero 2. It was a week for learning Office in my house!
Interested in learning more?
Unfortunately, I can’t share the webinar with you, but I found a great support page on the Office website that will do the exact same thing. You can find that here.
Interested in learning more about Ribbon Hero 2? Click here.
Book a free consultation call with me and let’s talk about how we can further organize your business and reclaim more hours in your week.