🥳 Sing it with me:🌷
🎶 It’s the most productive time of the year! 🎵
Spring cleaning: love it or hate it, it has to be done. AND, once it’s done, your productivity will shoot through the roof! Spring cleaning isn’t just for your house (but if it’s warm enough, DO throw those windows open and air out your home!)
Spring cleaning can (and SHOULD) be applied to businesses, as well. Here are some great places to start:
- Remove old blog posts from circulation.
- Update blog posts that are still relevant.
- Update your website plugins at least twice per month.
Your social media
- Refresh your social media images and captions if you use a scheduler.
- Update your business hashtags, making them CamelCase.
- Reword/update your CTAs (calls to action).
- Update your O-O-O (out of office) to safeguard your time. USE IT.
- Strive for Inbox Zero. Failing that, get a grip on using labels and folders. Better yet, set up rules so that specific contacts are automatically labels upon receiving email.
- Review old emails and delete/archive any that are no longer relevant.
- Clean out large hidden files from Google: click on your storage used/capacity at the bottom of your inbox/Google Drive folder. Review/remove files that are no longer necessary.
- Decide on a central location for ALL of your documents and files, both personal and business. ie: If you have some in Google Keep, others in Trello, and some in OneNote, pick one and move everything there.
- Review online documents you’ve shared with others; make them the owner and remove yourself, if applicable.
- Review online docs shared with you; remove yourself if applicable.
- Review saved posts/articles on Facebook, OneNote, Evernote, etc. Action them or delete them.
- Create an online document that contains all of your testimonials. Store this in your central location!
- Create an emergency procedure in the event that, God forbid, something happens to you. Your loved ones will know exactly how to wrap things up for you.
- Review your saved browser bookmarks, remove or reorganize them.
- If you don’t have a backup system in place for your website and your files, research and implement one.
These are just some of the things I do in my own business, and I can help you with yours.
Book a free consultation call and let’s discuss how, together, we can move your business forward.
I look forward to hearing from you!