Stressed business owners can use all the help they can get when it comes to staying organized, and I know this from personal experience. Here’s what I use to stay on track, maybe these tips can help you.
- Google Calendar – The features I love about this tool: you can colour-coordinate any reminder or task you create. It’s possible to set up NUMEROUS pop-up or email reminders. People can be added to the events just by adding their email address in. Everyone is on track, and it’s a task that only takes a few minutes a day.
- Google Drive – When you sign up for a (free!) Gmail account, you automatically get 15 gigs of storage, which can be upgraded for a fee if you require more space. Drive operates the same as an external hard drive, with folders and files. You can add all kinds of extensions, as well.
- OneNote – This tool is great because if you need to write something on-the-go, it will sync to your desktop/laptop later, you won’t lose anything. Another great feature is the webpage-clipping tool, perfect for saving a copy of a web page quickly. Tags and labels help to keep everything organized within. Plus, you can coordinate with others by sharing the link to your document. Collaborators don’t need OneNote installed.
- DropBox – I wasn’t impressed with DropBox at first. But I’m glad I stuck with it because now all of my WordPress backups go to DropBox. Be careful though, because it installs a folder on your computer, which isn’t ideal. The whole point of using cloud storage is to get it off your computer, so decide whether you want to delete it or not.
- Toggl – Toggle is a free Google extension, added to Chrome. It tracks the time you use to do any task on your computer or online. Each week, it will email you a report of everything you did, and how long every task took you. If you don’t want to wait for the report, you can print a variety of options for reports whenever you like. One of many great tools to track time.
- My last suggestion for time-saving, organizational tools is to hire a freelance admin assistant or virtual assistant. What do you wish you had more time in your day to complete?